Department : Finance & Accounting
Division : Accounting
Job Type : Full Time
FLSA Status : Exempt
Location : Flowood
Supervisor : VP of Finance
The primary purpose of this position is to manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures and coordinating internal and external audits. Completing the annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and beginning corrective actions when budget problems occur. Also, in charge of keeping track of financial status by closely monitoring revenue, expenses, and future budget changes while evaluating financial data, and preparing reports. To guide other departments by applying observations and recommendations to their financial operations. Duties include but are not limited to: Preparation of financial statements, facilitating annual audits, preparing the budget, and ensuring the company is following general accepted accounting principles and practices (GAPP).
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and facilitate annual audit.
- Ensure company is following new accounting standards.
- Reconcile company bank statements.
- Reconcile and process transactions related to gaming.
- Manage claims department.
- Prepare and maintain the company’s budget, reporting variances to management.
- Approve retailer adjustments and terminations.
- Assist with complicated accounting transactions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, in accounting or related business field.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting or business analysis is required. Must be able to understand accounting and financial concepts as related to job responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; demonstrate dexterity, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable ac
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Floating Holidays
• Employee Medical& Dental Insurance
• Retirement Plan(401(a) & 457)
• Business Casual Dress
• Continuing Education
• Professional Environment
• Competitive pay
& much more!