Department : Retail Services
Job Type : Non-Exempt
FLSA Status :
Location : Flowood, MS
Supervisor : Senior Manager of Retail Services & Contracts
The primary purpose for this position is to perform the administrative, clerical and customer service duties associated with the processing of MLC retailer applications, contracts and other questions and concerns. This position provides courteous, accurate and thorough responses to retailer questions and concerns regarding the MCL licenses while maintaining complete confidentiality.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Serves as a liaison between applicants, existing retailers, MLC staff and vendors
- Researches and monitors follow-up for retailer inquiries needing further research of applications, contracts as well as other reported issues.
o Provides technical research and assistance to retailers
o Assists Manager with tracking of inquiries and preparing monthly reports to be distributed to appropriate MLC staff
o Provides information, updates and reports to Manager and other appropriate MLC staff
- Operates telecommunications equipment and computer systems to obtain information required to efficiently and appropriately respond to inquiries from retailers and communicate to appropriate MLC staff
o Responds to retailer complaints and requests for information made by telephone, email, fax or mail experienced by lottery retailers
o Promotes integrity of MLC to retailers
- Accurately enters all inquiries and follow-up updates in MLC inquiry tracking systems following prescribed methods
o Prepares, maintains and updates inquiry logs following prescribed methods
o Ongoing contact with retailers if necessary, until issue is resolved
o Coordinates needed follow-up with appropriate MLC staff
- Ensures department management is current regarding specific issues with retailer complaints
o Researches retailer complaints and problems to determine best course of action
o Analyzes and reports relevant trends with regards to retailer activity
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree or High School Diploma
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel required
- Customer service or telemarketing experience preferred
- Demonstrates ability to be well-organized and efficient in an environment requiring multi-tasking
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to always maintain confidentiality
- Must have basic knowledge of how to operate office equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Floating Holidays
• Employee Medical& Dental Insurance
• Retirement Plan(401(a) & 457)
• Business Casual Dress
• Continuing Education
• Professional Environment
• Competitive pay
& much more!