Department : Executive
Division : Executive
Job Type : Full-time
FLSA Status : Exempt
Location : Flowood, Mississippi
Supervisor : Board of Directors
The primary purpose for this position is to plan, direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the Mississippi Lottery Corporation (MLC) in accordance with the directives and duties authorized by the Board of Directors and as identified in the Alyce G. Clarke Mississippi Lottery Law (“the Act”) and the appropriate rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Ensures that the lottery operates with integrity and for the public good, maximizing net lottery revenue for the benefit of the State while directing efforts to promote the responsible play of lottery games;
- Heads all aspects of Corporation management, plus sales, security, marketing, game development and strategic planning;
- Hires, fires and directs all Corporation personnel.
- Sets the strategy and creates vision for the Corporation.
- Reviews and presents the annual budget.
- Conducts long-range planning and goal setting for the Corporation.
- Evaluates and monitors attainment of goals by the various divisions of the Corporation.
- Sets the tone and creates the corporate culture.
- Keeps the Board informed regarding lottery operations, administration and legislative initiatives.
- Implements and directs the operation of the lottery carrying out all responsibilities as required by the Act.
- Represents the MLC before the legislature, state officials, the media and the public.
- Assesses forecasts of changing market conditions as well as plans and implements sales strategies program changes accordingly.
- Observes changes in and effects of lottery programs in other jurisdictions and studies possible applications of the same for the MLC.
- Monitors and oversees corporate activities to ensure the MLC is operated in accordance with Mississippi law.
Must be able to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines and have the confidence and professionalism to interact with and advise Board of Directors, the media, members of the legislature and other industry leaders. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and direct others. Must possess strong financial and management background, demonstrated leadership ability, excellent communication skills including presentation and public speaking skills, strategic planning skills and fiscal management skills. Must be able to travel intra-state using company vehicle. Must always maintain a valid Mississippi Driver’s License.
Mississippi residency is required, but a non-resident applicant may move to Mississippi after selection. Appointment is subject to approval by the Governor of Mississippi, pursuant to the Act.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. (MBA or equivalent a plus).
Significant demonstrated executive management experience; or any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Prior experience as a Lottery Director or a senior member of a lottery staff a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
E-mail resume and cover letter to the Corporation’s General Counsel, Balch & Bingham LLP at firstname.lastname@example.org OR fill out the form below: