Department : Executive
Division : Executive
Job Type : Full Time
FLSA Status : Exempt
Location : Flowood
Supervisor : Board of Directors
The primary purpose of this position is to bring a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Duties include, but are not limited to: Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement as well as perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, procedures, reports, and data flowcharts.
- Prepare and present reports which reflect audit results and document process.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Maintain open communication with management and Board of Director’s.
- Document processes and prepare audit findings to the Board of Director’s.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required in the field of Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree preferred.
A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an Internal Auditor and preferably Senior Auditor. Requires a high attention to detail and excellent analytical skills to provide sound independent judgement. Must have knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; demonstrate dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Floating Holidays
• Employee Medical& Dental Insurance
• Retirement Plan(401(a) & 457)
• Business Casual Dress
• Continuing Education
• Professional Environment
• Competitive pay
& much more!