Job Type : Full-time
FLSA Status : Exempt
Location : Flowood, MS
Supervisor : President
The primary purpose of the Compliance Administrator position is to ensure the corporation adheres to the policies and procedures of compliance in conjunction with Alyce G. Clarke Mississippi Law, State and Federal laws, ensures internal standards are followed by employees, and actively monitors to identify risk of noncompliance internally and externally. Duties include but are not limited to liaison between the Board of Directors, President and Senior Management to ensure legality and compliance standards are met, develop compliance processes that identify and avoid compliance risks, ensures regulatory standards along with compliance processes are followed and implemented.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Oversees the corporation’s compliance with government laws and regulations
- Monitors compliance standards by analyzing and auditing data
- Conducts compliance risk assessments
- Collaborates with leadership and staff to identify any regulatory risks
- Implements policies and procedures that uphold laws and regulations
- Implements a corrective action plan when noncompliance risk is identified
- Facilitates risk assessment audits and develops remediations of audit findings
- Facilitates education and training tools to prevent non-compliance violations
- Adheres to the Federal and State laws as they relate to compliance
- Support to Legal Counsel and coordinates legal services to the President
- Adheres to the rules and regulations as set forth in the Alyce G. Clarke MS Lottery Law
- Conducts risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends.
- Establishes policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organizations services and departments.
- Reviews and assesses risk management policies and protocols; makes recommendations and implements modifications and improvements.
- Recommends and implements risk management solutions such as insurance, safety and security policies, business continuity plans, or recovery measures.
- Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as cash flow, inventory, breakage, and employee activity that could uncover fraudulent behavior.
- Drafts and presents risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff.
- All other duties as assigned by the President and/or Board of Directors
Education and/or Experience:
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare reports and policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Law or Business Administration.
A minimum of five (5) years of prior experience in compliance or risk management roles. Requires superior attention to detail and strong communication skills. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills along with knowledge of auditing standards for procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; demonstrate dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Floating Holidays
• Employee Medical& Dental Insurance
• Retirement Plan(401(a) & 457)
• Business Casual Dress
• Continuing Education
• Professional Environment
• Competitive pay
& much more!