Department : Security
Division : Operations
Job Type : Full Time
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Location : Flowood
Supervisor : Director of Security
The primary purpose for this position is to provide administrative support to the security department and to complete a wide variety of complex administrative tasks requiring initiative and independent judgment in a timely manner. The work entails dealing with confidential, sensitive information and issues requiring a high degree of discretion and tact.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Receives, processes and logs all requests for ticket resolutions and maintains a database of all for audit purposes.
- Maintains database of Retailer applicants background checks and maintains their status of pending, approved, denied, or on hold and routes results to the proper personnel.
- Maintains a database of prizes attempted to be claimed by owners of lottery retailer locations who are restricted from claiming lottery prizes.
- Maintains daily log of incoming complaints and ensures each one is assigned to an investigator.
- Provides weekly updates of investigative summaries, incoming calls, type of calls and identifies trends; reports weekly to Director of Security.
- Answers calls, take messages, and routes calls on behalf of Security Investigators and Director of Security.
- Performs other administrative duties including filing, answering the telephone, taking and distributing messages, making copies, receiving and routing facsimiles and mail.
- Maintains Security Departmental calendar.
- Assists in the monthly GLEPS testing process for instant tickets
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma (or GED) required.
Three to five years of clerical or administrative experience with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access a plus or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job. Must possess excellent communication skills. Law enforcement background preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; demonstrate dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Floating Holidays
• Employee Medical & Dental Insurance
• Retirement Plan 401(a) & 457
• Business Casual Dress
• Continuing Education
• Professional Environment
• Competitive pay
& much more!